Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF: Cincinnati did exactly what it should have done
(05-05-2021, 09:39 AM)Waite Hoyt Wrote: While thinking about what we should have done I have to say I really liked our draft plan. After signing Reiff we were able to draft Chase and in 2nd round after trading down we addressed the weakest position on offense the Guards. We also signed a place kicker that will enable us to work on short fields with his range.

The other part of the plan many don’t talk much about is we addressed another huge weak area the defense. I can think of at least 3 games we lost by giving up final scoring drives. Getting Tyans and  Reader back from injury will be a big plus as well as signing a couple of FA’ in the defensive backfield and on the defensive line. We take another step with our young LB’s and in the draft we added edge rushers that can get to the QB. Our pass rush was a big liability last season. Actually it was just as weak as our offensive line. The front office upgrade all 3 areas of this team in the off season.

Absolutely. Getting Jackson in round 2 as a T would not have been a good pick, imo, but as an interior lineman playing G as well as the capability to play T is fine. Everybody thinks that sacks are given up to DE's but the Bengals got wacked last year by lots of blitz sacks and sacks that collapsed the interior of the OL.

Blitz sacks are easy to give up with zero deep threat at WR but getting a stud like Chase on one end and having that big, long WR in Tee on the other side with a great possession man in Boyd not to mention having your pretty active starting TE back will be huge as this will require the DB's to actually turn their backs to have cover more players.
B
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF: Cincinnati did exactly what it should have done - higgy100 - 05-05-2021, 11:38 AM