D+
D
D-
F
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grade The Bengals Draft Of 2021
I probably gave it too low of a grade. In a world where Sewell wasn't there, there would be no reason at all for anyone to be upset about Chase at 5. His breakout year featured outstanding production. His workout was outrageously good. In a void, just as a prospect, and considering the fog or war with the Covid stuff ; Chase is a great prospect. From a purely logical standpoint where you agree that teams should ignore need and narratives, he'd be a great addition to any team. 

Joseph Ossai seems like a steal in the 3rd so long as they figure out how to use him - I see more potential for him to be a James Harrison type than as a straight up edge rusher.  He could be nasty rushing from the A gap, spying, covering short etc. Sample has potential - I liked the pick. Not sure if Shelvin was a good pick vs. the other available DTs or not - can he impact the passing game? The trade down was smart. 

The real fly in the ointment for me is that they seem to go out of their way to play with fire when it comes to existing medical stuff. After being burnt so many times you'd think that it may warrant a different approach. "Chronic" back problems with a recent surgery, multiple recent knee surgeries, and a major project...it seems like an approach that's asking for trouble. I heard a recent statement from Duke Tobin where it sounded as if he viewed injury problems as being totally random - as if he weren't interested in learning how one may divine the potential health/longevity of a player throughout their career. To me that is the wrong attitude. Are fumbles totally random, or can certain teams avoid them more skillfully? 

I gave it a C, but it feels kind of wrong after adding Chase and Ossai. Hopefully the OL guys pan out and make that rating look silly. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Grade The Bengals Draft Of 2021 - BenZoo2 - 05-01-2021, 10:12 PM
RE: Grade The Bengals Draft Of 2021 - Dr.Z - 05-02-2021, 12:57 AM
RE: Grade The Bengals Draft Of 2021 - Dr.Z - 05-02-2021, 01:06 AM
RE: Grade The Bengals Draft Of 2021 - Dr.Z - 05-02-2021, 02:13 AM
RE: Grade The Bengals Draft Of 2021 - CJD - 05-02-2021, 08:27 PM
RE: Grade The Bengals Draft Of 2021 - Bilbo Saggins - 05-05-2021, 06:14 PM
RE: Grade The Bengals Draft Of 2021 - tms - 05-05-2021, 07:23 PM