Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF: Cincinnati did exactly what it should have done
(05-08-2021, 08:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: While this is true, if one can "project" an average hit rate of 50% in a draft, the Bengals upped their chanced by turning 7 picks in to 10 picks (I know the first one was for Dunlap, which they later moved up to a 6th rounder with the Finley trade).  I wasn't the least bit surprised that they traded back in Rd 2, but I was surprised at the haul they received for doing so.  

The fourth round additions of Shelvin and Smith were outstanding.  Created competition with rare, albeit raw, athletes.  It also allowed them to draft a day 1 starter in Mcpherson.  Smith may not play a snap this year, but he is a nice prospect that Pollack can work to develop.  

I see both Ossai and Sample getting plenty of snaps this year, with Carman and Chase being day 1 starters.  That means just about every draft pick would be on the field contributing and that would be quite a haul.  

Again, just projections, but I like what is being projected.  

I could not agree more and I believe you are taking my statement out of context. I like what they did in the draft. My statement was in regard to another stating the X player is a sure thing when that just is not a fact at all. 

By the way D'Ante Smith may be one of my favorite selections in this draft. I believe he has the makings of being a very special lineman.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF: Cincinnati did exactly what it should have done - OSUfan - 05-08-2021, 08:58 AM