Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Bengals get best of BB in day 2 trade?
(05-09-2021, 12:54 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Well according to ESPN, yes and was 3rd best trade value in the entire draft.

"Just three picks before this trade, the Broncos paid a fourth-round pick and got back a sixth-rounder to move up five spots. Here, the Patriots dealt two fourth-rounders without getting anything back to move up eight spots and draft Alabama defensive tackle Christian Barmore.

Bottom line: The Bengals got Bill Belichick to pay up here, increasing the value of their original No. 38 pick by roughly 60%. With the picks acquired, Cincinnati selected offensive tackle Jackson Carman in the second round and then defensive tackle Tyler Shelvin and offensive tackle D'Ante Smith."

Thoughts? I know hard to see in next 2021 if a great move or a bad move us passing on 2 OT's who appear game ready in 2021. But, it appears we have 3 guys versus 1 who may become NFL starters at some point.

I don't think there is much question this was the right move. Maybe if we needed a starting tackle day one it would be different, but we didn't, we have Jonah and Riley set to start. Carmen will start at guard and maybe work his way out to tackle, but I expect Shelvin is going to be a force, and the scuttle on Smith is once he grows into an NFL body he may well be the steal of the draft because his mechanics are so good. Sometimes, fans need to sit back and enjoy a win and admit the Bengals kicked butt in the draft.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Bengals get best of BB in day 2 trade? - Sled21 - 05-09-2021, 12:59 PM