Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone still think Tee will be our #1?
(05-09-2021, 02:52 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: The X WR is generally the top WR on the team. AJ Green was an X. Julio Jones was an X. Calvin Johnson was an X. DeAndre Hopkins is an X. Davante Adams is an X. Odell is an X. Andre Johnson was an X. For the Z position, Brandin Cooks, Desean Jackson and T.Y. Hilton are high end Z receivers.

An X WR is generally the biggest, strongest and fastest receiver on the team. This isn’t always the case, but it is typical. Julio Jones and Calvin Johnson are prototypical X WRs. The Z receiver is generally a little smaller but with elite speed. Ross would have been a Z, had he worked out. I think Chase will play Z with Tee at the X.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ganggreennation.com/platform/amp/2020/4/6/21209689/the-three-positions-of-wide-receiver

I couldn't find the snap breakdown between X and Z, but it showed that roughly half of Higgins' production came out of the slot last year, and watching some game film it looked like Green was lining up more at Z than X, but I didn't break down every game.  I was trying to figure out if Green was playing out of his natural position when you said he was an X receiver, but I was under the impression that he had largely been playing at Z.  

Either way, I think it makes a ton of sense to have Chase at Z and Higgins at X.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone still think Tee will be our #1? - SHRacerX - 05-10-2021, 07:26 AM