Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF: Cincinnati did exactly what it should have done
(05-10-2021, 11:35 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: As an offensive linemen, the moment he started losing significant weight should have been a clue that it wasn't a good idea.  I just thought it was an odd choice.  And I didn't say that is absolutely the case, but it made me question it. 

Per this article, it states that Jackson still weighed 320 lbs this past year, he just lost body fat.

Quote:CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (KCRG) - It’s not every day you see a football player, especially an offensive lineman, switch to a vegan diet. But that’s what Iowa senior left tackle Alaric Jackson did this offseason.

“To each his own, for the most part,” Jackson said on Tuesday. “I don’t think it’s unusual or anything. I’m just eating food instead of eating meat. Nothing really crazy.”
Jackson said that he still weighs 320 pounds, but just lost body fat. He told his coaches, and the strength and conditioning staff about his diet switch. So far, it seems to be working.
“From our perspective, we’re just trying to help him and coach him to make sure it works in the realm of the sport of football,” said interim strength and conditioning coordinator Raimond Braithwaite. “It’s a challenge, but it’s doable. I support him for becoming a vegan.”

https://www.kcrg.com/2020/10/11/iowa-offensive-lineman-alaric-jackson-switches-to-vegan-diet/

EDIT - Jackson also weighed 321 during postseason workouts, according to both NFL.com and his RAS. So I think the whole going-vegan thing is being blown way out of proportion.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF: Cincinnati did exactly what it should have done - ochocincos - 05-10-2021, 11:43 AM