Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New York attorney general seeks to dissolve NRA...
(05-12-2021, 02:51 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The appearance of bias, or the idea that the justice system should be unbiased is hardly a straw man, it's a cornerstone of our judicial system.  That you don't get this is honestly unnerving.  As to your question, no one in her organization should be trying the case.  She's the boss and she's shown herself to be biased against the NRA.  Much like the McCluskey case in St. Louis the case should be moved to an organization that hasn't been tainted.

I'm honestly not following your bias argument here SSF.  What is the NET effect of her 'bias' on this case?  That she brought it at all?  Her previous comments don't give her the ability to work outside of the legal framework previously established.  She has an obligation to prosecute malfeasance of this nature, plain and simple.  

The way I am interpreting your position (forgive me if I'm wrong), is that she has the power to determine which cases are egregious enough to prosecute and that her determination to pursue charges was driven by that bias.  Her 'bias' has been informed by the NRA's own actions though, both political and organizationally.  

If I'm missing something here, let me know.  I just do not appreciate holding organizations, corporate entities and their leadership to a different standard based solely on their pocketbooks ability to absorb increased legal expenses.  If they ****** up, they ****** up.  Seems to me that they've put all their chips in on fighting the legal and PR battle rather than owning up and paying the restitution; an ante that will probably cost them much more in the long run (creative accounting aside).  I'd be willing bet that decision was made by the guy who many members already want to see removed from his position.  This is his little bighorn.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New York attorney general seeks to dissolve NRA... - Vas Deferens - 05-12-2021, 04:42 PM