Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Returning Animosity to where it belongs
(05-13-2021, 08:21 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I have an old, simmering reason to hate the Jets, nearly 40 years in the making:  the January '83 playoff game.  Freeman ***** McNeil running all over the Bengals.  Still pisses me off Pissed

Holy shit, I had repressed the memory of that game. I remember it well being around a few Jets fans. Bengals got freaking annihilated that game. Freeman McNeil, who was a solid running back, ALWAYS had big games against us. I vividly remember when they were doing the ending credits of that game, they were showing the Darrol Ray's 98-yard pick 6 in the background. I was like, "That is going to be the last play I see from this season??". e. 

Not only did McNeil run for 200+ yards, he threw a TD pass as well. Hard to believe that at one point in that game, the Bengals were up 14-3 and looking like they would blow the Jets out. 

Side story to that game:  I HATED going to school the next day getting tortured by a bunch of 3rd-grade Jets fans. I was walking down the hall towards my classroom, and a friend of mine, who was a Jets fan, ran over and started talking shit. I grabbed both of his shoulders and pushed him hard into a wall. He banged his head and had to go to the nurse. I, of course, had to go to the principal's office. I told the principal what happened and that I was sorry. The principal was kind of cool and said, "Well, I should probably punish you but I'm a Giants fan and hate the Jets so you can go back to class". 

***** Freeman McNeil.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Returning Animosity to where it belongs - BengalFanInNJ - 05-15-2021, 11:04 AM