Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm So Damn Tired of Hearing About Women's Sports and Their Pay
Oh my, this is one of the more frequent debates where I usually do not align with others. The scandal that women get paid less for the same effort in sports.

I always end up saying yeah that's because usually significantly less people watch women compete in sports on a naturally lower level that is quite apparent in most instances.
Then I claim it's also unfair how soccer players get paid so much more than triathletes, even though the latter sure put a lot of work into it too; and how it's the same reason in the end, less viewers, less interest, less revenue.

Amongst the top responses I get for that is a) women's sports get watched less because sexists like me don't watch women's sports for sexist reasons or b) that I'm apparently argueing for dressing them up sexier to attract more viewers just to get paid what they are entitled to in the first place.

Those points usually don't fly with me. My peers really are too progressive for me at times.

I also remember the McEnroe scandal, where he claimed Serena is the best female tennis player of all times and got berated for not saying "the best player of all times" and pointing out he did not do so because she would not compete on a top 100 level with the men. Bad McEnroe, saying what is apparently true.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm So Damn Tired of Hearing About Women's Sports and Their Pay - hollodero - 05-16-2021, 03:39 AM