Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm So Damn Tired of Hearing About Women's Sports and Their Pay
(05-16-2021, 12:08 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think that's where sports scholarships come into play. Whether it's more mainstream things like football or basketball or if it's your mid tier like track and field all the way down to the obscure stuff like rowing, these scholarships were meant to be a service to people who learned a sport so well they can compete on the national stage with their peers and scholarships reward them for their effort.

I did crew in High School (not particularly great at it, but I enjoyed it). If you were a woman who rowed in HS, you didn't even need to be particularly great at it to get a scholarship somewhere. Pretty much just needed to have experience and show interest in doing it in college. It was pretty shocking. This was well over a decade ago, so maybe it's changed now, but that's how it was then.

It's also why I was really confused when I saw that some rich lady paid $500k for her daughter to get in a school on a rowing scholarship when she didn't row. Unless she was absolutely worthless athletically, she probably could have gotten that scholarship with just a tiny bit of effort.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm So Damn Tired of Hearing About Women's Sports and Their Pay - TheLeonardLeap - 05-20-2021, 12:51 AM