Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler Shelvin Is Already Impressing Teammates!
It looks like we may have gotten a steal in the fourth round because Tyler Shelvin is playing like a man amongst boys!

Dude is 6'2, 350 and is apparently moving around like it's nothing and he's impressing all of his teammates!

Quote:It was hard for Tyler Shelvin not to stand out when the Cincinnati Bengals selected him in the fourth round of the 2021 NFL draft.

Shelvin, after all, checks in at 6’2″ and 350 pounds — and once carried Joe Burrow off the field at LSU with a single hand.

Now the defensive tackle has already put that skillset to work at Bengals rookie minicamp, impressing all involved, including fellow rookie Joseph Ossai.

“He’s a big dude. He’s a big dude,” Ossai said, according to Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com. “I was working out there with him and he can move pretty well. I’m very impressed with that. That’s he that big, that massive and can move like that.”

Former LSU teammate Ja’Marr Chase was right there with praise too: “Big T is my guy. T is a very aggressive player. He’s one of those players who can always get double teamed and he’ll still beat the double team. That’s what he did at LSU and you can see it on the film.”

That combo of size, power and speed is what had the Bengals all over him in the fourth round. The team will ask him to put it all to work on a rotational basis as a rookie, though there’s certainly room for bigger playing time if he’s mauling offensive linemen like he did in the SEC.

It looks like we might have found a steal in the fourth round, which is exciting because didn't we draft another defensive tackle in the fourth round who ended up being dominant and a steal!

Oh, that's right, GENO ATKINS!

I'm loving this because calling for double teams will make our transition to more 3-4 looks even easier and, if we get creative with play calls, we can have a hell of a defense because it will free up other defenders to make plays!

I'm also loving the LSU connection with Burrow and Chase because seeing your guys on the other side of the ball making plays will only get you excited and motivated!

People keep saying we're at least a year away, but this team is starting to excite me and I think we have the youth to make some noise!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Tyler Shelvin Is Already Impressing Teammates! - BFritz21 - 05-21-2021, 01:16 PM