Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Texas set to allow unlicensed handgun carry despite outcry
(05-26-2021, 03:17 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Backing the blue by going against their warnings.

They really are a death cult anymore.

(05-26-2021, 03:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Sell more guns > back the blue

I think you always need to be cognizant of statements such as "law enforcement groups" that actually list none of them.  I did some searching and found two that were actually named; the Dallas Police Association and the Texas Police Chiefs Association.  Some other news reports listed individuals from agencies or groups making objections, but I didn't find anything else directly naming law enforcement groups in opposition.  Two groups does qualify for the plural use, but it's hardly overwhelming or even moderate, opposition.  Especially when one of the groups is for the Chiefs, who, believe me, do not represent rank and file officers in any way shape or form.  Also, my union endorses propositions, laws and candidates all the time that I would never vote for, so don't even view a group statement as proof of opposition from the majority of the officers belonging to it.

Please note I am not discounting reasonable concerns regarding the law or outright dismissing the groups in opposition.  What I am pointing out is that stating law enforcement groups are against something, but then not directly naming them should be a huge red flag that you're being sold a story that may not be in line with the actual facts.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Texas set to allow unlicensed handgun carry despite outcry - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 05-26-2021, 07:37 PM