Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the Critical Race Theory?
(05-27-2021, 05:47 PM)Dill Wrote: It examines how all those White immigrants to the U.S. after the Civil War learned to position themselves with the rest of the White majority in a political and economic system which advantaged White people on a number of levels, federal subsidy being not the least of these. If they didn't know about white supremacy before, they learned it when they got here. 

This is kind of a controversial statement to me so I'll respond to this.  Many of the cities today have heritages that vary.  Cincinnati, for instance, is greatly German.  A lot of heritages bonded with their 'own', when they immigrated.  Along the way, these heritages even slurred each other.  You're a krout, you're a spic, you're a wop, some of the common slurs.  This doesn't suggest they were 'bonding' in whiteness together and learning a group white supremacy against black people.  There was slurring amid themselves.  These slurs were racism of white to white. It falls into a supremacy category but not necessarily a learned to be with way exclusively against black people only.  While I agree there was still racism against black people, I just wanted to point out that racism was active on many levels back then.  At least these terms suggest they were.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the Critical Race Theory? - Goalpost - 05-28-2021, 11:35 AM