Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Texas set to allow unlicensed handgun carry despite outcry
(05-30-2021, 12:43 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You have zero clue of what actually happened or the history there.  So you'll kindly forgive me if I give your opinion the zero consideration it deserves.

I do have "clue of what actually happened or the history there." 

Accepting Bels' standard of diversity, this forum is the poorer without Dino and Fred. I immediately noticed the drop off in new threads the week after D was gone. Less interactive discussion,.  Having an actual lawyer participate in discussions was a good thing.

On this thread, I recalled Fred by way of an effective contribution on another, argued from "fact and commonsense," and in my view never adequately answered. 

You "recalled" Fred's "word twisting and prevarication," a behavior you often allege but never substantiate.  That's not trafficking in "facts and common sense." That's just injecting wholly unnecessary slander into factual discussion. Neither Fred nor Dino made a practice of so referencing fellow forum members. It took multiple personal attacks to get their dander up, if ever. 

You can't expect people--even new forum members--not to notice who's actually doing what and draw conclusions. It's right there in the record, thread after thread. 

It's one thing if some find this forum difficult because their views are exposed to and undermined by rational, evidence-based argument. It's quite another if it's difficult because personal attacks obfuscate, side track discussion, and shut down threads. 

In post #28, I've offered you a "divergent opinion" grounded in "facts and commonsense." Can you respond in kind, set the discussion back on track? 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Texas set to allow unlicensed handgun carry despite outcry - Dill - 05-30-2021, 03:10 PM