Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Texas set to allow unlicensed handgun carry despite outcry
(05-31-2021, 03:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You said that undocumented immigrants aren't more violent than anyone else, but, as statistics show, the most illegal drugs from Mexico come through Texas, so you're saying that illegal immigrants entering through Texas and bringing drugs aren't more violent than anyone else.

I didn't ignore your point about Texas gun laws.  Ok, they have loose laws, so what's wrong with loosening them even more so that citizens can protect themselves?

Er, BFritz, I don't see where Bels said "illegal immigrants . . . bringing drugs aren't more violent than anyone else." Or that anyone bringing drugs isn't "more violent."

If I've read him correctly, he's saying the mass of immigrants AREN'T bringing drugs and aren't armed, and so aren't dangerous.

Is it possible that you've projected the drug running of a few onto ALL the immigrants who hit the Texas border? As if if thousands of immigrant families carrying drugs and guns are swarming the border? 

If so then it might be you've exaggerated the threat.  

Loosening laws which may protect the public from elevated gun violence to "protect themselves" against an exaggerated or non-existent threat might result in less protection, mightn't it? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Texas set to allow unlicensed handgun carry despite outcry - Dill - 06-01-2021, 12:23 AM