Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Kamala Harris: Enjoy The Long Weekend
(06-01-2021, 03:14 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I just hope my kids make it through 12th grade before the perpetually offended left comes for the Redskins mascot name.

But ya, it's only the right that literally complains about anything nowadays.

Cancel culture is as old as culture.  50+ years ago people were trying to cancel the Beatles for a flop joke Lennon made about being "bigger than Jesus" for one example.  Why even go back to Nero burning Christians alive?  Let's just pretend people getting upset about stuff is new.

I think my favorite is back in the good old days when no one got offended it was considered scandalous that Carol Brady was written as a divorced woman rather than just making both of their former spouses dead.  The Brady Bunch offended people.  People were offended by a fake woman being fake divorced from her fake husband rather than just fake killing his fake ass.  Ah, but cancel culture...it's totally new and spooky!  LOOK OUT!

Sesame Street was also banned in areas for showing  a multi-cultural neighborhood.  Look out Big Bird, they're coming for you!  Was Barry Goldwater warning us about cancel culture when this was going on?

Let's just put Vietnam and the civi rights act on the backburner and talk about The Brady Bunch.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kamala Harris: Enjoy The Long Weekend - Nately120 - 06-01-2021, 03:29 PM