Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Bruce Jenner to Caitlyn Jenner
(06-02-2015, 05:05 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: A lot of people always ask "why is it such a big deal that they're gay/trans??"

Because there are a ton of people who are who fear that they will be met with hate or disgust by their friends/family/society if they be themselves. People like Jenner show them that anyone can be themselves and that they shouldn't worry.

Exactly. Later this month I will be attending a Pride Parade nearby. Different communities have them different times of the year. It is a really fun event. If you are closed minded or uptight about sexuality or other people's choices it is a great way to stretch your boundaries a little bit and see that there are ALL KINDS of people out there and they are ALL KINDS of different and ALL KINDS of fun. I am straight, have gone to the parade for the past few years, initially alone and subsequently with gay friends and I have a blast no matter what. One year it rained like a monsoon and I swear not a single person left. It was, as a friend said, "A parade you could not rain on!"  I literally would not want to miss it for anything.

And if you are open minded and tolerant of others it is still a great way to stretch your boundaries. Best thing about being at a Pride event? You know that feeling of electricity in the air at a stadium when your team is rallying and the whole crowd is into it? There is an energy almost like that everywhere you go at Pride, and everyone, I mean everyone, is happy and smiling (some are sporting two or three smiles if you know what I mean) and there is this great feeling that everyone is accepted and welcome. It really is magical. And I am a straight guy. I can only imagine how special is must be for the people are gay, bi, or trans and who have built our parade into what it is (huge) and those who come from miles away to be a part of that inclusiveness and be accepted no matter what they are wearing or who they have their arms (and sometimes legs) around.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bruce Jenner to Caitlyn Jenner - BFritz21 - 06-02-2015, 02:42 PM
RE: Bruce Jenner to Caitlyn Jenner - xxlt - 06-02-2015, 04:22 PM
RE: Bruce Jenner to Caitlyn Jenner - xxlt - 06-02-2015, 04:16 PM
RE: Bruce Jenner to Caitlyn Jenner - xxlt - 06-02-2015, 04:30 PM
RE: Bruce Jenner to Caitlyn Jenner - xxlt - 06-02-2015, 04:58 PM
RE: Bruce Jenner to Caitlyn Jenner - xxlt - 06-02-2015, 05:03 PM
RE: Bruce Jenner to Caitlyn Jenner - xxlt - 06-02-2015, 05:01 PM
RE: Bruce Jenner to Caitlyn Jenner - xxlt - 06-02-2015, 05:17 PM
RE: Bruce Jenner to Caitlyn Jenner - xxlt - 06-02-2015, 05:21 PM
RE: Bruce Jenner to Caitlyn Jenner - jason - 06-02-2015, 06:21 PM