Drew Sample
Mike Thomas
Tyler Boyd
Auden Tate
Tee Higgins
AJ Green
Alex Erickson
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't cheat: Which Bengal had the highest catch% (receptions/targets)
(06-03-2021, 09:35 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: We'll have to agree to disagree on the "he did really well at what he was asked to do" part.  Almost any TE could do really well at catching 4 yard passes.

The question I have is why they asked him to do so little.  CJ Uzomah, who on his very best day is average at best, was asked to do something very different in weeks 1 and 2 playing in the same exact offense, with the same playbook and with the same personnel.  Why would they completely change how the position is used once Sample became TE1?  My guess is because he's an absolutely garbage receiving threat and they know it.

I'm sorry, but whoever called for this pick needs to be removed from football decisions immediately.  They ought to be out of the league.  You don't draft a guy in the 2nd round that is this much of a nobody in the pass game.  You can find players like this in the late rounds, if not as UDFA's.
You'd be surprised at how wrong you are. Finding a TE that is very good at blocking and very good at catching the ball is rare. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Don't cheat: Which Bengal had the highest catch% (receptions/targets) - sandwedge - 06-03-2021, 10:29 PM