Drew Sample
Mike Thomas
Tyler Boyd
Auden Tate
Tee Higgins
AJ Green
Alex Erickson
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't cheat: Which Bengal had the highest catch% (receptions/targets)
(06-04-2021, 01:12 PM)sandwedge Wrote: So he is supposed to pass block and then get 30 yds down field? Yeah, not sure that's logical...

Did I say that?  You're now completely changing the conversation.  Here's how it went...

1.) You said it's very hard to get someone who is both a very good blocker and very good pass catcher.

2.) I said he's not been a very good pass catcher and to look at all of his stats.

3.) You then replied with only his catch percentage, as if that somehow supports your argument.

4.) I replied that catch percentage isn't very noteworthy because of the routes he was being asked to run. (3.8 yards a completion)

So far you've provided absolutely zero evidence that Drew Sample is even remotely close to a good pass catcher.  Now it appears you're changing your agrument to he can't be judged on it because he's not asked to do it.  But that's entirely different than pointing out how hard it is to find someone who can do both.  He's shown no evidence of being able to do both at a "very good" level.

Fwiw, I already addressed this in another post (him having to stay in and block).  Why was CJ Uzomah used in a completely different way in the same exact offense, with the same exact personnel?  Could it be the coaching staff knows this dude can't get open in coverage?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Don't cheat: Which Bengal had the highest catch% (receptions/targets) - Wes Mantooth - 06-04-2021, 01:30 PM