Drew Sample
Mike Thomas
Tyler Boyd
Auden Tate
Tee Higgins
AJ Green
Alex Erickson
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't cheat: Which Bengal had the highest catch% (receptions/targets)
(06-04-2021, 01:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I voted Boyd then learned it was Sample. Didn't surprise me, he has good hands and Boyd was just targeted much more and had
to make amazing catches more often. Sample could be good for us but I think if he stays healthy Uzo will be the TE having a break
out year with Burrow and him being buds all Offseason, gaining chemistry and Chase being added who opens up the middle of the 
field. Nice poll. Watch Wes come in here and hate on Sample. 

Sure, Sample isn't very fast and is a bit of a plodder but he is a good blocker with good hands. 

Maybe he needs to lose a little weight and he could be more of a weapon and run quicker, crisper routes.

Based on the VERY little time the Bengals had Sample and Uzo healthy, I wonder if they weren't planning on running more 12 personnel and aren't the dyed-in-the-wool 11 personnel advocates that we believe them to be.  Uzo is clearly the more receiving-focused of the two, but even if you had them both out there, it is entirely possible that the best matchup would be Sample.  It will be interesting to see.  

I think the addition of Moss is being somewhat overlooked.  I didn't realize that he had a second foot injury found at the "combine" and that he had to have surgery on that foot as well, which cost him most of his rookie season.  I think, when healthy, that Moss can be a nice rotational player.  He is already a very solid blocker and that is one of the biggest hangups of putting out a rookie is if they can hold their own blocking.  He may not be a burner, but has really reliable hands and is a stout blocker.  He could be another Sample and based on the signing as an UDFA, that would be pretty nice.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Don't cheat: Which Bengal had the highest catch% (receptions/targets) - SHRacerX - 06-05-2021, 08:19 AM