Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists)
(06-07-2021, 11:36 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It seems outrageous to me that something like this was not only produced but was given the go ahead to be put on air.  They took a day that should be about remembering the unbelievable strength, and courage and sacrfices made, and used it as parralel to modern day issues and Antifa.  Flashing imagery of Trump and Tucker Carlson, while showing Nazi symbols and talking about a war against inhumanity and dictators, this seems almost unbelievable to me.

I'd say we are living in a time when attraction to authoritarianism and neo-fascism has again become a domestic and international problem, such that we need to learn what we can from the history of events and movements that led to the greatest disaster humanity has ever experienced. 

So I'd definitely say that when remembering D-Day and WWII, we absolutely should be remembering it as a war against fascism. Four hundred thousand Americans died fighting anti-democratic and racist states, and that also became a spur to fighting anti-democratic/racist forces at home. We should not be recognizing "sacrifices" separate from the context which required them.

I'd also definitely say, however, that the Lincoln Project video's opening question "Who is ANTIFA?" tanks the whole effort by conflating a small group of masked actors with the U.S. military forces that helped free Europe.  The newsreels show U.S. infantry in olive-drab pushing across Europe, not black clad youngsters in ski masks throwing bricks.  

The conflation also gives ANTIFA tactics a silent pass by suggesting that all of us anti-fascists are really doing what they are doing. We're not. And that all people who support anti-fascist politics and activism are ANTIFA at heart. We aren't. 

In short, that video will have the opposite effect intended. If I'm Hannity, Tucker, Laura, Levin, I'm saying cancel tonight's segment on Critical Race Theory and indoctrination, the "elite" liberal media have just provided a new example of how "the left" is revising history, undermining American values, and smearing honest patriots.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists) - Dill - 06-07-2021, 02:14 PM