Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists)
(06-07-2021, 03:07 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'd say it's going to have to exact effect intended.  Ultra-left leaning productions and reports like these are only going to embloden certain people, and legitimize their beliefs that we're truly in a war and that those that oppose them are akin to Nazis.  It's dangerous and it should be called out just as much as should the things you seen from the other extreme.

So, The Lincoln Project is a conservative group. The folks who made that ad were making ads for the GOP before Trump took hold of the party. I just want to make sure you understand that. They are in no way on the left, let alone the ultra-left. They aren't even centrist. They are anti-Trump conservatives.

(06-07-2021, 03:09 PM)treee Wrote: trump is a facist. He has used facist rhetoric many times and tried his best to subvert the democratic process. And they weren't calling carlson a facist, they used his face when saying " not just a news talking point". 

No, Trump isn't a fascist. Did he embrace some fascist ideas? Sure. Did he press up against that line? Absolutely. But most experts on fascism I've read say that he didn't cross that line into being fascist by definition. I will say, though, that I think Trump wants to be a fascist dictator, he just doesn't understand how antithetical to everything the idea of the United States stands for his vision is.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists) - Belsnickel - 06-07-2021, 05:17 PM