Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Kamala Harris: Enjoy The Long Weekend
(06-08-2021, 02:54 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Why did you ignore the BLM part of my post?  Does the democratic party support BLM?

Well, here is my problem with that. BLM is not that easily categorized as a violent group. BLM comes with all kinds of approaches, from the peaceful to the not so peaceful. Only focusing on the not so peaceful part, to me, is like calling Trump supporters violent because some Trump supporters stormed the Capitol. Would be unfair, wouldn't it.

And sure, some democrats support BLM. I know of none though that support violence in the name of BLM. And I'm sorry, this just is a main difference to me.

That self-declared BLM members or Antifa erected gallows at some protests, well, I never doubted that in the first place.

(06-08-2021, 02:54 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Remember, this all started with me saying that I've seen numerous examples that are similar to the gallows display that you referenced, and questioned why they aren't equally as terrifying.  To which you replied something to the effect of, it is because of the support Donald Trump and party has given to one side and to which the other has not.

Yeah, again, I have not seen a leading democrat that endorsed or even incited violent displays like these. In that light, yes you grasped my point correctly.
For sure, that the specific insurrection attempt took place at the Capitol, included its storming and folks actually looking for Nancy and others in the Capitol halls, with the clear intent of hindering the confirmation of the election results, adds to the more terrifying picture as well. This is not quite the same as BLM does, regarding the actual attempt to overthrow democracy. BLM did not launch an actual coup attempt, these folks at the Capitol, however, sure went for exactly that.

(06-08-2021, 02:59 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This is true.  In fact many of them, Biden especially included, won't even acknowledge that they exist.  They're "just an idea".  An idea I might add that somehow is capable of hitting you upside of your head with a bike lock, throwing concrete milkshakes, and causing billions of dollars in property damage.

Just an idea though.  Nothing to see here.  But hey, at least he doesn't endorse them.  He just ignores they exist or do anything wrong.

Biden repeated what the FBI director said. He called Antifa an idea in contrast to being an organization with structures and a head. Antifa has none of these things, it is a political movement and I see nothing wrong with repeating that FBI assessment. It's not an attempt to downplay it.

He also rebuffed all violence coming from them or BLM many times. Could he be more active in fighting violent Antifa members, I don't know, I wouldn't really know how. The Trump admin could not stop the protests, I didn't expect Biden to. Antifa does not listen to him either.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kamala Harris: Enjoy The Long Weekend - hollodero - 06-08-2021, 03:21 PM