Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists)
(06-08-2021, 04:22 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: To the former, I guess we'll find out in 2022 and 2024. I hope you're right that Trump is just a fringe part of the party. The house removing Cheney from power isn't a good sign of that though.

Cheney was removed because she wouldn't stop shooting off at the mouth.  She was overwhelmingly protected after her Yea vote for impeachment.  Is wasn't until months later when she kept bucking party leadership publicly that she got the boot.

Quote:To the latter, sure. I won't pass judgment on every Trump supporter. People vote certain ways for various reasons. But the racists/fascists/Nazis/White supremacists are definitely getting their checklist with Trump, whether the people voting for him want that or not.

And Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran and the Black Panther Party would all prefer Biden to Trump.  Not that it's an identical comparison in degree, but I don't think that a policy supported by a racist such as limiting immigration, is therefore tainted as a racist policy.  Nor is the support of someone who is a bad person in any of the ways listed above an automatic indicator that the supported person is any of those things themselves.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists) - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-08-2021, 04:36 PM