Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists)
(06-08-2021, 04:36 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Cheney was removed because she wouldn't stop shooting off at the mouth.  She was overwhelmingly protected after her Yea vote for impeachment.  Is wasn't until months later when she kept bucking party leadership publicly that she got the boot.

And Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran and the Black Panther Party would all prefer Biden to Trump.  Not that it's an identical comparison in degree, but I don't think that a policy supported by a racist such as limiting immigration, is therefore tainted as a racist policy.  Nor is the support of someone who is a bad person in any of the ways listed above an automatic indicator that the supported person is any of those things themselves.

It depends on what you consider a racist policy. A policy that was created with the intention of being racist or a policy that has consequences dependent on race.

The War on Drugs may not have been (but probably was) designed as a racist policy, but it had obvious racist results. Same with stop and frisk.

People who supported the politicians that passed and enforced those policies weren't necessarily racist, but their vote still resulted in racism.

Like I said, I wouldn't call every Trump supporter racist. But every single one of their votes led to racist results, because Donald Trump objectively emboldened racists.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists) - CJD - 06-08-2021, 04:44 PM