Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists)
(06-08-2021, 04:44 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It depends on what you consider a racist policy. A policy that was created with the intention of being racist or a policy that has consequences dependent on race.

I have routinely stated (and this is not accusatory btw) that intent matters. An unintentionally racist policy only become a racist policy if that fact becomes known but the policy stays in play unchanged. 

Quote:The War on Drugs may not have been (but probably was) designed as a racist policy, but it had obvious racist results. Same with stop and frisk.

I agree with you on the war on drugs, especially the sentencing discrepancies between possession of powder versus rock cocaine.  I do not think stop and frisk is inherently racist.  When one looks at the demographics of who commits street level crime and then focus on stopping street level crime you're going to get disproportionate results in regard to ethnicity.  That doesn't mean that an individual officer can't implement the policy in a racist way, and I have no doubt that this happened (but not on the scale that many would claim), but that does not make the policy racist.

Quote:People who supported the politicians that passed and enforced those policies weren't necessarily racist, but their vote still resulted in racism.

I see how you could come to that conclusion.  But by the same logic many Democratic voters are pro criminal as the people they voted for are enacting policies resulting in a large rise in crime.  They may not be pro criminal but their vote still resulted in an increase in crime and a decrease in consequences for criminals.

Quote:Like I said, I wouldn't call every Trump supporter racist. But every single one of their votes led to racist results, because Donald Trump objectively emboldened racists.

I don't disagree.  However, again by the same logic, Biden is responsible for the crises at our southern border. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists) - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-08-2021, 05:23 PM