Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Kamala Harris: Enjoy The Long Weekend
(06-08-2021, 05:23 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, putting the election result in severe doubt is kind of a wild claim. Since you refuse to back this assertion up with anything but vagueness and the suggestion that you don't want to get into it any further because of name-calling and time waste and your family and whatnot, I keep seeing it as a wild claim.
One would think you'd be eager to share your smoking guns in that regard, but well, I guess you have nothing much but the feeling that the outcome should have been different and some tight-wing pundits that fuel this feeling with wild, unproven fraud claims of their own.

Yeah, it's a bit much to use the "not sure but something shady is going on" claim when you're asserting that US democracy is quite possibly a complete farce.  The right-wingers can play the "we just want to look into this" claim all they want, but when they get into court they've had nothing to go by, so doubting the election was fair is a bit of a fringe position. It's like not being able to prove that your neighbor HASN'T killed 100 prostitutes when no one is looking. Big claims with big repercussions need big evidence. It's the difference between saying "I believe in god" versus "god told me to murder my entire family." There is a hot take for ya.

For me the notion that Americans doubt that America is even a fair democracy occurring at the same time Donald Trump becomes the face of a major political party is just a bit too coincidental to trust.  He said it was rigged when he won, he said it was rigged when he lost, he's going to say it's rigged before the 2024 election, and so on.  Either Trump is lying for his own benefit or we live in a country that is a complete farce...I'm not sure which side is the patriotic side to be on here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kamala Harris: Enjoy The Long Weekend - Nately120 - 06-08-2021, 05:37 PM