Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists)
(06-08-2021, 05:18 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Here's some quotes from Hilary, where she's "threatening democracy" and the legitmacy of an election:

Hillary Clinton dismissed President Trump as an “illegitimate president” and suggested that “he knows” that he stole the 2016 presidential election in a CBS News interview to be aired Sunday.

“No, it doesn’t kill me because he knows he’s an illegitimate president,” she said. “I believe he understands that the many varying tactics they used, from voter suppression and voter purging to hacking to the false stories — he knows that — there were just a bunch of different reasons why the election turned out like it did.”

Now I'm a bit unclear what the contention is. Perhaps I missed a post. Has someone asserted that any grousing about a loss threatens democracy, or that that is the main charge against Trump? Remember, when people call Trump a threat to democracy they aren't just referring to verbal complaints, but obstruction of justice, attempts to coerce state officials to "fix" the vote counts and the like. 

I understand why Hillary might feel burned here. Personally, I think Comey's decision to announce he had re-opened the investigation into her server probably tanked her. And she is within her rights to complain about the disinformation, active Russian intervention and the like. 

But she did concede, right? and right away.  No one was removed from Dem party leadership for calling out her behavior, right? This one falls a bit short of apples to apples, unless I missed the point of contention.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists) - Dill - 06-08-2021, 06:02 PM