Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists)
(06-08-2021, 07:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: This is all correct, but what was she shooting off at the mouth about? What issue was she bucking party leadership about? Could it have been her arguing against "the Big Lie" that is being pushed by Trump and his allies in Congress?

Saying Cheney was removed from leadership for bucking the GOP leadership is like saying the Civil War was fought over states' rights.

It wasn't just that, but it was certainly part of it.  I think it was more her not letting the issue die, consistently bringing it up or answering questions in detail about it.  It was obviously a politically damaging event, which is why they voted against a commission on 01/06 as they knew it would drop right before election time next year.  But, like I said, they totally tolerated her position on Trump until she wouldn't shut up about it months later.  If you don't want to play politics then don't be a politician.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists) - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-08-2021, 08:09 PM