Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Kamala Harris: Enjoy The Long Weekend
(06-12-2021, 12:21 AM)Dill Wrote: ??  Why??

Did you read it?

"Psychopathic Problem of the White Mind"

Khilanani told her audience about her own rage and that she "had fantasies of unloading a revolver into the head of any White person that got in my way, burying their body, and wiping my bloody hands as I walked away relatively guiltless with a bounce in my step."

"My style of language is different and expressive, with fluidity between conscious and unconscious, time, and uses Masala (exaggeration) for punch and comedy," she said in an email. "It's why we love Richard Pryor, telenovela forms and rap. I believe it makes this conversation more relatable across generations."

Her comments and the negative feedback she's received are more revealing about white supremacist thoughts than about Khilanani's view on racism, said Nikki Coleman, a psychologist and consultant on diversity, equity and inclusion.

The anger is more directed at a woman of color talking about her vivid rage than a woman of color talking about the years in which she went to therapy, which should be one of the safest spaces for a person, Coleman said, only to have her truth and experiences doubted.

"We would call that abuse," Coleman said. "In a heterosexual relationship where a man gaslit and denied the reality of the woman, we would tell her it's emotional abuse."

"Whose speech do we view as dangerous?" said Grzanka, who is White. "I think it's pretty clear and excessively evident that when [people of color] articulate anger in the public that is one of the fastest way to activate White outrage machine."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kamala Harris: Enjoy The Long Weekend - Wes Mantooth - 06-12-2021, 12:34 AM