Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Kamala Harris: Enjoy The Long Weekend
(06-12-2021, 12:34 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Did you read it?

Yes. I'm not particularly upset by what she said.  

As Dr. Kilhanani explained, she was referencing the "emotional labor" required to explain black issues/grievances to whites. 
We are not provided with the actual talk she gave, but to it sounds like she was just expressing rage via fantasy, not 
expressing a literal desire to kill white people. "This is what it does to me."  This is not the same as a Klan member fantasizing about hanging a black person. 

If a rape victim said she had fantasies about killing men, I wouldn't get all upset about that, even though I would assume it to be more literal.

"Black Psycho doctor fantasizes about Killing whites!!" This just seems like another of those news bits thrown out to prove that blacks can be racist too, and that there is a terrible double standard against whites (imagine if a white doctor fantasized about shooting blacks in the head!), so maybe black people shouldn't be throwing stones, "both sides do it," so let's all just roll back talk about race. But no, libs want to keep it going . . . etc. 

E.g., look who pounced: Sebastian Gorka, an adviser in the Trump White House, tweeted that Khilanani was the "definition of a psycho." Rod Dreher, senior editor for the American Conservative, wrote a story that called her an "anti-White racist psychiatrist" and tweeted that she was an "appalling example of woke totalitarian capture of elite U.S. institutions."

LOL

My objection would be she should be more cognizant of how language which might clearly contextualized in a graduate seminar will sound if the news media get hold of it. Or perhaps she wanted the clicks? 

But again, I have not heard her talk, and I'd like to see the videos which are supposed to be the occasion of her anger. Without that, I have no concrete ideal of how the white killing fantasy fits--was she imitating, creating a counter balance? Was this reductio ad absurdum?  No idea. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kamala Harris: Enjoy The Long Weekend - Dill - 06-12-2021, 12:54 AM