Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Michael Jordan is Working Out With Willie Anderson
(06-13-2021, 07:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You started getting a little silly at the end there, Nate.  Cool

How so Rfaulk? Jackson Carman was arguably the best mauling, run blocking O-lineman in the Draft and I saw this way 
before we drafted him. Synric and me both wanted him in the 2nd round and most that evaluated him only thought he 
dropped to the 2nd cause of the injury that he is now over with.

Not saying Carman is just going to be great right off the bat but neither is Sewell as a rookie.

We will see who is the best OL out of this class, not betting against Carman who is just made to play Guard.

His only weakness was speed rushers which he won't have to worry about on the inside.

(06-13-2021, 08:16 PM)Whatever Wrote: They certainly addressed the OL by rehiring Pollack, bringing in Reiff, and drafting Carmen, Smith and Hill.  We won't find out if it's enough until the season.

I just find it ironic that folks are making a big deal about getting the first OL off the board because we can't count on Jonah...who was the first OL off the board in his class.

OL is a position group where guys take years to develop.  The Bengals only have 4 OL that aren't on their rookie deals.  Folks want to build the OL through the draft, but they don't want to allow draft picks time to develop.  

Yes, lets see how these players develop before judging. They addressed OL it just might not be the way some wanted them to.

It is all preference.

(06-13-2021, 08:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And when we do bring in a guy like Reiff that buys us a year (at least) to develop the young players that’s somehow no good either.

Yep, not good enough, never is. Even if Reiff plays great it won't matter. Didn't address OL at all according to some on here.

If Reiff plays well and we re-sign him which I expect the team has done well.

We just need to see better coaching from Taylor and Lou IMO.

This is where my complaints lie.

(06-13-2021, 09:43 PM)Joelist Wrote: People do realize Jordan is at the bottom of the Guard depth chart right? We have XSF, Spain and Carman all ahead of him at least. Price and/or Hill may also be in that group.

Yeah, no reason to hate on the guy being a better depth piece, he might not even make the team if he isn't up to snuff.

Sounds like he is working his ass off. I like it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Jordan is Working Out With Willie Anderson - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-14-2021, 04:16 PM