Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Michael Jordan is Working Out With Willie Anderson
(06-14-2021, 04:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: How so Rfaulk? Jackson Carman was arguably the best mauling, run blocking O-lineman in the Draft and I saw this way 
before we drafted him. Synric and me both wanted him in the 2nd round and most that evaluated him only thought he 
dropped to the 2nd cause of the injury that he is now over with.

Not saying Carman is just going to be great right off the bat but neither is Sewell as a rookie.

We will see who is the best OL out of this class, not betting against Carman who is just made to play Guard.

His only weakness was speed rushers which he won't have to worry about on the inside.

Yes, lets see how these players develop before judging. They addressed OL it just might not be the way some wanted them to.

It is all preference.

Yep, not good enough, never is. Even if Reiff plays great it won't matter. Didn't address OL at all according to some on here.

If Reiff plays well and we re-sign him which I expect the team has done well.

We just need to see better coaching from Taylor and Lou IMO.

This is where my complaints lie.

Yeah, no reason to hate on the guy being a better depth piece, he might not even make the team if he isn't up to snuff.

Sounds like he is working his ass off. I like it.

I will say again, I love the Carman pick and I agree I think he will be a good long-term solution at guard. The only two issues I see here with the pick are his back injury which could shorten his career a little but that is a problem years down the road, and the talk of moving him to RT one day. As you even said, speed rushers are an issue for him and if the plan is Reiff for a year then kick Carman outside, that is a poor plan.

As for the Reiff signing. It is a good move for the 2021 season as long as he gets back to form, hell even not at form he is an upgrade over Hart. The concern I have and I think several other posters have is that he is on a 1 year deal. It is a bandage, sure they can try to re-sign him next season but if he plays well he will have more offers than just the Bengals. It's a gamble and a risky one at that. 

Continuity is so important for a good O-line, you hear it from every expert. Guys have to get comfortable with the guys playing next to him and settling in. My issue with the Reiff move is that it was a 1 year deal... if he is the answer, and you believe he is an upgrade give him a 2 or 3 year deal so the revolving door of pieces on the line stops. If Spain is a guy you think solves things, again... why a 1 year deal and why was he around on the FA pile so long? It just feels like the team is doing the same old song and dance, focus on the shiny parts and keep hoping they strike gold with random pieces at the most important spot outside the QB. It's frustrating. The line has struggled since they let Whit go. And when they do go after a guy (Jonah Williams) it was because their first choice (Bush) was taken right out from under them by Pitt and then the guy can't stay healthy. It's just maddening to watch.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Jordan is Working Out With Willie Anderson - Murdock2420 - 06-14-2021, 05:03 PM