Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Kamala Harris: Enjoy The Long Weekend
(06-14-2021, 01:58 PM)Dill Wrote: Well, that appears to be Wes's position. But I am surprised you take that tack too. Do you disagree with me that scholarly and scientific inquiry teaches us to question social dogma, invites us to pursue the kind of inquiry which doesn't already have the answers at the beginning?  The modern research university was born with Humboldt's terms Lern- and Lehrfreiheit, right? That doesn't mean bad ideas, hypotheses, theories, etc. cannot be superseded or rejected, but we don't start with rejection.

I reject hate speech from the start, and this is hate speech. It doesn't get a pass, or a second glance, or a justification of sorts just because it stems from the academic world and not from a Trump rally.

I am all for challenging opinions on campusses, even though many American campusses seem to have quite the different idea on that. But a spade is a spade. Musing about shooting white people without guilt is bad, and so are all the other blatantly racist comments that were quoted in that very same spirit and context. End of story.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kamala Harris: Enjoy The Long Weekend - hollodero - 06-16-2021, 06:45 AM