Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Michael Jordan is Working Out With Willie Anderson
(06-16-2021, 03:27 PM)TJ528 Wrote: I am so happy for Whitt because he got to experience what successs is in the NFL, winning a Super Bowl.  

If you wouldd've asked me should we sign Whit in 2016 i would've said yes every day. 

You don't let a leader walk.  There hasnt been a leader in that club house since he left.  

Thank goodness it looks like there might be 2 emerging in Burrow and Bates. 

I mean it only took 6 years to find replacement leadership.  

1. He didn't win the SB
2. You're speaking from hindsight.

He is my favourite football player ever and I am arguably (probably?) his biggest fan on these boards, if there are no family present; at the time, on paper and with the teams' sitch at the time, you CANNOT shit on that move.

- You had 1 (2, actually) potential replacements that you needed to evaluate
- The guy was 36; OTs don't last as long.

Roaf: 35
Ogden: 33
Pace: 34
Willie: 33
Walter Jones: 34
McKinnie: 34
Webb: 35
Flozell Adams: 35

I can go on and on; even some of those HoFers above, didn't have great final seasons. Whitworth does seem to be the new crop of OTs that is playing well in advanced age (him, Peters, Duane Brown), but when the above precedent has been set, you can only say that's a bad move in hindsight.

Bengals took a gamble and they shit their pants; doesn't mean the gamble was bad from the outset (and that's a fact).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Jordan is Working Out With Willie Anderson - Truck_1_0_1_ - 06-16-2021, 04:09 PM