Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists)
(06-18-2021, 06:55 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: The GOP is in an identity crisis. They have been continually shifting the Overton Window in this country to the point where both parties are, legitimately, on the right of the geopolitical spectrum (on a good day I'd count the Democrats as centrist) and at this point they have moved further and further into anti-democratic territory. The path they are on is counter to everything they claim to love. The principles of the enlightenment that the founding fathers used to create our republic are now incompatible with their politics. So where do they go from here?

Does it matter? 
Imho, they can pick any agenda they please, or no agenda at all, just lies and a cult of personality, coup attempts, whatever they want - within 8 years they regain power in any case. So why not run on an anti-democratic platform, or on a theoretical fascist platform for that matter, and stop this pendulum from swinging back again. It's not like the electorate would flee from them over any of that.

That's imho the gravest threat: That people just use the democratic process to elect antidemocratic people into office, because they do not appreciate democracy any more. Greatly heightened if there's only one viable alternative many people just detest.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists) - hollodero - 06-18-2021, 09:16 AM