Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bengals Rebuild Year 2 Offseason
(06-18-2021, 02:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: One could argue Year 1 was not intended to be a rebuild, but rather the expectation that Taylor would turn Marvin's 6-10 team into a winner.
It was then determined that a rebuild needed to happen because of the lack of fit that those existing players had in Taylor's and Anarumo's schemes.

And while I am certainly more lenient than most on the coaches (although I am VERY glad Turner is gone), I don't think anyone was prepared for AJ to miss the entire season and come back as one of the worst statistical (Next Gen) WRs in the league.  That was supposed to be our #1 weapon, and he was not available one year and a shell of his former self the next.  Some of us (raises hand) still had hope that Ross would pan out, especially after his first game under Taylor.  

You are dead on about the rebuild now.  And while they missed out on what could have been some serious equity had they traded Dunlap, Atkins, and AJ early on, it allowed them to get Burrow and they are all-in on getting a new crop of players here now.  I think outside the punter/holder, the eldest Bengals are Hubbard and Bates on the starting defense.  That is amazing.  

I've said numerous times on here that this season, however, should be called "no excuses".  It is time for results.   
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bengals Rebuild Year 2 Offseason - Synric - 06-14-2021, 11:59 AM
RE: Bengals Rebuild Year 2 Offseason - SHRacerX - 06-19-2021, 11:30 AM