Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists)
(06-17-2021, 04:29 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: All that proves is that Biden had a "D" next to his name.  I don't disagree with the general point being made here, but the black vote going overwhelmingly to the Democratic candidate is a given and not proof of anything else other than party affiliation.

Very quickly (I overlooked this) - Biden secured his nomination in the democrat'a primaries mainly through the black community's votes. That was my relevant point, not that he won more black votes than Trump in the general election.

(06-19-2021, 06:22 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: May I ask how you came up with the "approximate" number of 45 representatives (in the last two years)?  Or the "at least 3 senators" statement?

That is a completely fair question and I don't want to take anything away from it. From my perspective though. When a bunch of white supremacists and other right-wing extremists breach and storm the Capitol, want to find Mike Pence to apparently hang him and shout for Nancy Pelosi in a horror-film-like creepy voice, attack officers and all that other stuff, and then senators and congressmen come out and call it things like a "tourist visit" and do their best to diminish this whole affair, then I don't find it particularly far fetched to call those politicians too close to the ideals of said insurrectionist group. 

In a way, flat-out rejecting a commission to get behind all that is like giving aid and comfort to the groups and ideologies responsible.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists) - hollodero - 06-20-2021, 08:59 AM