Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists)
(06-21-2021, 04:38 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No?  So you have an alternative reason for Harris's horrible showing in the Democratic primaries?

Sure--STRONG showing at the beginning, but she was not ready for the national stage, running a CA campaign at the national level. Divided her camp between a CA and Baltimore. She and her staff did not know how to prepare policy-based long term strategy. Picking a busing fight with Biden could only ever have been a short term victory. Inability to step up with Sanders and Warren in debating healthcare did her in. Two months after Gabbard's accusations.

(06-21-2021, 04:38 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Unknown, as it did not happen.  However, we can extrapolate from earlier results that the answer is likely no.  Harris was intensely unpopular, especially after Tulsi Gabbard ate her lunch in one of the debates.  Gabbard exposed Harris's, IMO, Achilles heel, namely that Harris will do, say or think anything that helps her get elected.  She appears to have no moral principles that are lines in the sand and is willing to let the current take her where it may.  As long, of course, as it helps her get elected.  Thankfully, most of the Democratic voters appeared to recognize this and gave her the huge thumbs down.  Unfortunately, Biden didn't seem to get that message and picked her for VP despite this.

What do you think?

Harris was polling 5% of the Mississippi vote to Biden's 50% in June of 2019--a month before the Gabbard debacle.

I agree that Gabbard exposed something--lack of preparation. Whether the national stage or this forum, Democrats aren't impressed by dodgery, which does more damage than the accusations. (Biden weathered worse.) That, plus the fuzziness of her tax/healthcare policies, made her less desirable than other candidates who had clear, if less popular, agendas, like Warren and Bernie. From Gabbard deflection alone I can't infer that Harris "will do, say or think anything that helps get her elected." She needed to explain her record on marijuana prosecution and clarify the "withholding evidence" case. Should have put that out there earlier in the campaign. 

I can infer, though, that Dem voters are looking for something more than a "D" beside a candidates name, during the primaries.

That doesn't change during the general election. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists) - Dill - 06-21-2021, 05:30 PM