Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists)
(06-21-2021, 05:30 PM)Dill Wrote: Sure--STRONG showing at the beginning, but she was not ready for the national stage, running a CA campaign at the national level. Divided her camp between a CA and Baltimore. She and her staff did not know how to prepare policy-based long term strategy. Picking a busing fight with Biden could only ever have been a short term victory. Inability to step up with Sanders and Warren in debating healthcare did her in. Two months after Gabbard's accusations.

Harris was polling 5% of the Mississippi vote to Biden's 50% in June of 2019--a month before the Gabbard debacle.

I agree that Gabbard exposed something--lack of preparation. Whether the national stage or this forum, Democrats aren't impressed by dodgery, which does more damage than the accusations. (Biden weathered worse.) That, plus the fuzziness of her tax/healthcare policies, made her less desirable than other candidates who had clear, if less popular, agendas, like Warren and Bernie. From Gabbard deflection alone I can't infer that Harris "will do, say or think anything that helps get her elected." She needed to explain her record on marijuana prosecution and clarify the "withholding evidence" case. Should have put that out there earlier in the campaign. 

I can infer, though, that Dem voters are looking for something more than a "D" beside a candidates name, during the primaries.

That doesn't change during the general election. 

I would assume so during the democrat primaries when everyone has a D beside their name. I disagree though I believe there are plenty of people that vote strictly on the D and R in the general election. Though there's certainly a larger group in between those extremes.

I am curious as to how much of a percentage the legitimate swingers are that can and have voted in either direction.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists) - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 06-22-2021, 12:32 AM