Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very Important Year for Jonah Williams
(06-21-2021, 03:05 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Were you upset we didn't pick up Price's option?  What about Ogbuehi's?  (Fwiw, I'm not saying these are equal comparisons but I think it puts a hole in you "no matter what" argument.)

I don't think that because a player plays a particular position that they should be guaranteed an option year.  It should be a case by case basis.  Either they're worth the investment or they're not.  And if Williams misses more time I think it would be insane to fully guarantee his last two years of his deal, and to set his market at 11 mil + for 2023.

To each their own, but I think this dude has a lot to prove this year to warrant that type of commitment two years in advance. 

Good question!  Can we agree that Price should not have been a top pick?  Price's up side is he could be center or guard, but you could argue with his injury history, had you really seen enough to know for sure?  What's one more year?

Ogbuehi was a complete bust.  He was a stud in college, just never panned out after his injury. I can give you this one.  

In both case, I think you have to look at your roster and say, did we need them on the roster.  

A guess another way to look at it too is what could you get for that 11M cost?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Very Important Year for Jonah Williams - plantmanky - 06-22-2021, 03:03 PM