Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists)
(06-21-2021, 06:37 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So you're only going to judge the response to the problems that are raised, and not the validity of the problems themselves?

I took away from it that she got exposed as a fraud.  She got completely embarrassed, and no amount of preparation was going to save her from the facts.  She's a phony.  She went on to illustrate this over and over as time went on.  She almost reached Hillary's level of saying she always keeps a bottle of hot sauce in her purse.

Most people who have been in politics for a while have political missteps in their past. 

I don't see how you get to "fraud" though. She was not misrepresenting herself or her position. 

At the national/presidential level "facts" will harm Dem candidates more than Republican for sure. 

But even Dems can "inoculate" themselves from surprises by 1) raising past misbehavior/embarrassments themselves and/or 2) having a prepared response. Worst possible move is to suddenly talk about something else.  If fact check sites can rebut at least some of Gabbard's accusations as hyperbole/false, why couldn't Harris have done that, rather than letting muddled half truths stand? https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/oct/09/viral-image/harris-didnt-frame-and-prosecute-man-murder/
https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/08/01/democratic-debate-kamala-harris-tulsi-gabbard-joe-biden-fact-check/

So I disagree that "no amount of preparation was going to save her."  Even as it was, that exchange with Gabbard is not what finally dropped Harris' numbers.

Had Harris been able to keep her campaign organized, showed more executive ability there and in articulating competitive policy alternatives, then it is not likely her problems from SF would have hurt her much. In retrospect, her mismanagement of the SF cases as AG could argue for a pattern occuring again in her national campaign--an example of the Peter Principle. In that sense, the "validity of the problems themselves" turns out to be important if they appear to be repeated. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists) - Dill - 06-22-2021, 04:46 PM