Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very Important Year for Jonah Williams
(06-23-2021, 01:34 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I fail to understand what difference it makes how long Reiff's contract is? 1 yr or 3 yrs, does it make a difference? He's here. 
They invested in alot of positions on defense, I don't know if you remember last year, but if we'd went after overpayed Guards and Center, we'd be seeing guys like Sims and Rose playing and starting. 
PS, Zeitler was never gonna comeback.

Two reasons it matters. The first is, you passed on a 5 year solution in round 1, so if Reiff is just a 1 year rental, we get to go through this crap again next offseason and wonder who plays RT. And before the usual crew comes around with "But he could be re-signed" yes, he could and if he plays well enough to be re-signed then you'll have competition from a bunch of other teams in a world where the salary cap jumps up a ton. So a bidding war or use the tag... sounds horrible.

The second reason is continuity. There has been other people in this very thread who have stated that continuity is important for OL success. Guys get used to the guy playing next to them and start to gel and play well with one another. So, we can look forward to potentially two new pieces again after this season if Reiff is gone, and Spain starts as he is on a 1 year as well. 

As to your last year comment... Had we over-paid guards, and not signed Waynes the D would have looked no different. The only difference would be that Burrow might have survived the season.

I think it was Shake who called it exactly what it is, "Kicking the can down the road." It needs to stop. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Very Important Year for Jonah Williams - Murdock2420 - 06-23-2021, 01:48 AM