Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bengals Rebuild Year 2 Offseason
(06-25-2021, 12:23 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: "all the money that's been spent in free agency"

1. Was it ZT or DT who decided the FA signings?

2. Have the Bengals actually spent that much by NFL (rather than Mike Brown) standards? They're top 10 in cap space for both 2021 and 2022. They've spent FA money almost entirely on D and outside of a handful within Bengaldom nobody is saying the Bengals' D is stacked.

Who's standards do we go by NFL standards if so then there's a reason the rest of the NFL fans think the Bengals suck because we've had 5 shitty seasons.   As far as the money we've spent it's pretty damn significant compared to the previous 15 years under the Marvin Lewis regime.   I'd love to see what the most money spent in free agency was during Marvin's time period.  It couldn't have been that much.  When comparing it to what they've spent over the last 2 off seasons there has to be no comparison. 

I think there's talent on the defensive side of the ball but do i think we're deep on that side? No.  Our LB corp is young and slim.  One or two injuries and we'll be searching the waiver wire.  The only place on defense I'd say were stacked is the defensive backfield.  However, that's stacked with quite a few cast offs from other organizations.  However, I do like the starting pieces.  

You and I both know this organization is never going to spend all the money they have.  There always going to carry money over to the next NFL season because that's the way they've operated since Paul Brown.  

The more this organization changes and comes into 2021...the more it stays the same and stays in the 80/90's.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bengals Rebuild Year 2 Offseason - Synric - 06-14-2021, 11:59 AM
RE: Bengals Rebuild Year 2 Offseason - TJ528 - 06-25-2021, 02:21 PM