Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bengals Rebuild Year 2 Offseason
(07-01-2021, 11:22 AM)TJ528 Wrote: However Wyche, the responsibility for that hire falls on Zac's back.  He's had a personal relationship with the coach and brought him on board and he was so good that he's been fired 2 years later.  

The front office and scouts who drafted Og and Fischer are still in place.  The only one missing is PA.  

I mean if you read this board according to some coaches don't do the drafting the Duke and the scouts do. 

So I guess that's why so many people have doubts about our ability to draft OL even with brining on Pollack.  

Oh yeah, don't mistake my point for an overwhelming support of Zac. I should've been more specific in regards to agreeing with you about Turner. That's 100% on Zac. So are a lot of other issues.

My point was, and still is, that unit was an absolute dumpster fire when he got here. I blame the FO, because Marvin had a great line from 2011-2015 that he helped assemble. The team didn't do very well maintaining it. Nor did they do him any favors when the stellar oline he inherited started to falter. 

With the secrecy that shrouds the operation of this franchise, it's hard to say who does what. That said, I don't believe the drafts fall squarely on the coaches. I can't imagine Marvin was very happy with the John Ross pick.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bengals Rebuild Year 2 Offseason - Synric - 06-14-2021, 11:59 AM
RE: Bengals Rebuild Year 2 Offseason - Wyche'sWarrior - 07-01-2021, 11:33 AM