Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bengals Rebuild Year 2 Offseason
(06-26-2021, 06:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I guarantee that if you went back and looked at the newspapers from the Shula era the players were saying good things about him also.

Not sure about Shula, but Carl Pickens had no issues craping on Coslet https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pickens-rips-coslet-recants/

I think with many players across all positions freely coming out and being positive it's fair to take the word. There is wayyyy too much evidence that the players like Zac. It's not just 1 or 2 guys. Or just to local or national media. None of their behavior has come off as 2 faced. They haven't been caught double talking about ZT.

You saying they say positive things out of obligation really isn't backed up by their actions, is it? You don't have any sort of evidence to support your theory on these players and this coach, right?

Dunlap had no issues running his mouth during and after his stint with the Bengals. He was extremely unhappy and voiced that. And the players didn't seem to support or pile on his sentiments. Burfict had no issues taking a public dump on Teryl Austin in interviews during the season. 

Silence is deafening. If they were just quietly showing up when they had to and going home, then that would be concerning. But that's not what's happening. They are 100% in attendance for VOLUNTARY stuff. They aren't doing that if they thought Zac sucked.

I get what you're saying in theory, I just don't know what's actually prompting you to say it as if it's reality... other than you're projecting your dislike for Taylor onto the players because you can't make sense of their support of him. It goes against your feelings.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bengals Rebuild Year 2 Offseason - Synric - 06-14-2021, 11:59 AM
RE: Bengals Rebuild Year 2 Offseason - PDub80 - 07-01-2021, 12:28 PM