Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One injury away from possible disaster
(07-12-2021, 11:30 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I thought this was going to be about Burrow. The 17 game season starting this year doesn’t do anyone any favors in terms of the injury risk. Hopefully Burrow heals up fully and there’s no knee fatigue. Hopefully he leads some blow outs that allow him to rest in the 4th quarter as well! Late in games and overtime is when fatigue can kick in.

As far as the oline goes, I would think most teams have the same issue with depth. But we certainly are rebuilding and an injury can be costly. Hopefully we see some progress from the young players and the injuries up front are at a minimum. I don’t think there’s much available at this point to upgrade our backups. Maybe there’s a surprise cut we can pounce on. But otherwise I think we’ll be signing someone off the street.

I hope to see this team protect Burrow this year in terms of protecting him up front and with the run game. If he can sneak rest here and there that would be nice to see as well (blowouts please!).

Well just researching our division alone, as it stands we have the least experienced backup tackles than Raven, Browns and even the Steelers which are in rebuild mode on their Oline have more experience than we do at backup tackles
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: One injury away from possible disaster - Essex Johnson - 07-13-2021, 01:35 AM