Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prosecutors and Judges Need to Be Talked About More In Relation to Rising Crime
(07-14-2021, 12:28 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yes, the "art" of the plea bargain certainly produces some uneven outcomes.  I have no doubt that some innocent people took deals to avoid a possibly worse outcome and to just get the process over with.  However, I don't think that number is substantial.

I completely agree with your assessment of the post incarceration criminal experience.  But, I also understand why businesses are reluctant to hire ex-cons as well.  As you say, there is no easy solution.

Substantial is a subjective term when it comes to people accepting plea deals while innocent.  Particularly with the reality of incarceration having such a negative long term impact on life, as we've outlined.  

Im sure it's mostly just a stereotype but I can picture myself or anyone stuck with a PD who has about 10 minutes of free time to convince me to take a plea no matter what. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prosecutors and Judges Need to Be Talked About More In Relation to Rising Crime - Nately120 - 07-14-2021, 12:46 PM