Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prosecutors and Judges Need to Be Talked About More In Relation to Rising Crime
Here's an update on the Golf Course Shooting: https://www.ajc.com/news/golf-course-shooting-suspect-knew-2-of-the-victims-friend-says/RX6DV5SFABHSVHGGQAQIMXXUPY/

Synposis:  The suspect knew the victims that were bound and gagged in the truck through the drug trade.  It goes over some of the other details mentioned in the original article I shared at the beginning of the thread.

One other interesting new detail though...

Harvey represented Rhoden in 2016, when the then-Georgia State University freshman was charged with shooting a 19-year-old in the chest following an attempted drug transaction, authorities said at the time.

The Fulton County District Attorney’s Office, led then by Paul Howard, later declined to prosecute either party. It’s unclear why.

Out of curiousity, I decided to google "Paul Howard DA" just to check out what type of incompentent and wreckless person would not prosecute either party when one was shot in the chest, both had potential gun charges, and there was drugs involved.  

Imagine my suprise when the very first thing that came up is this:  https://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta-news/federal-grand-jury-investigating-former-da-paul-howard/6MPFKJUXGJHDRL5IBX7UBOCPQM/

A federal grand jury in Atlanta is investigating former Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard and his use of a nonprofit to pad his salary with almost $200,000 in city of Atlanta funds, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution and Channel 2 Action News have learned.

The criminal probe is focused on a series of checks totaling $195,000 that were signed over to Howard by People Partnering for Progress from 2014 to 2019. PPP, a nonprofit Howard has run as CEO, made the payments from two $125,000 checks it received from the city — one in August 2014 and another in September 2016

The good news is that this man was defeated last August and is no longer the DA.  The bad news?  The person who defeated him used to work for him.  Maybe she'll be better though, but I wouldn't count on it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prosecutors and Judges Need to Be Talked About More In Relation to Rising Crime - Wes Mantooth - 07-14-2021, 02:03 PM