Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Door to door vaccine push..........WTH?
(07-28-2021, 09:53 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: That's capitalism, bud. That's the market at work. You aren't being forced because you have the freedom to find another source of income, another employer that won't require it.

True, but I'm wondering how it's not a HIPAA violation to require it.  What if an employer demanded that everyone take an HIV test and supply the results?  Now, if you're talking about hiring, that's different.  I had to prove I didn't have TB before I could work in a detention facility.  At the same time I had a person bleed all over me during a restraint (they had cut themselves up with the fluorescent light bulb in their cell, they got the supposedly tamper proof cover off of it) and a nurse at the facility told me, off the record, to go get a gamma globulin shot because the person had hepatitis.  The policy prevented them from actually revealing that to me because of HIPAA. But providing confidential medical information to your employer as a condition of continued employment sounds like a violation to me.  But, I'll admit I'm not fully versed in HIPAA and its loopholes.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Door to door vaccine push..........WTH? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-29-2021, 07:59 PM